Salary: £20,000 – £25,000
Closing date: Friday October 4th
Connect is an award-winning web development agency, looking for a Bid Assistant to help us expand our prestigious client base.
The person will assist Connect’s bid team to write and prepare compelling customer-focussed content in support of bids and tenders, for both the public and private sector.
As an important part of Connect’s bid team, you will be responsible for writing clear, professional content, whilst also collating and editing information from other team members to product winning tender responses.
You must have excellent writing and verbal skills and be able to adapt content writing styles to engage customers.
You will assist in bid evaluation in order to identify responses required, and liaise with contributors to ensure relevant information is provided in a timely way. You will work accurately and effectively to bid deadlines; time management is a key element of the role and you will be working on multiple bids at any one time. You should be comfortable working in a digital services environment.
- Assist the team with sourcing tender opportunities
- Undertake research to develop an understanding of sectors and clients and tailor proposals accordingly
- Liaise with clients and internal teams to establish and bring to life key messages and winning themes for each bid
- Assist in writing, rewriting and formatting of concise and compelling content for bids and proposals
- Be able to write engaging customer focussed responses to questions and requirements and be confident in adapting writing styles for different customers
- Utilise, adapt and contribute to our library of resources and proposal templates, ensuring they are up to date
- Check the quality of your own work and that of others; proof reading, checking consistency and ensuring key messages are accurate
- Arrange internal bid reviews and acceptance checks prior to submission
- Use online tendering systems to communicate with buyers and submit bids
- Record and track bids on project management software
- Assist presenters by creating presentations, using Powerpoint and other resources
- Other duties as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; we will want to see evidence of your writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel and a good knowledge of Powerpoint
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work constructively and effectively as part of a team and self-motivated with the ability to work independently when required
- Great attention to detail, thorough and accurate
- Ability to distil lengthy content into concise impactful summaries, drawing out the key points
- Responsive and expeditious when dealing with clients in all forms of communication
- Demonstrable experience of prioritising work and working to deadlines
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a time limited environment
- Experienced and regular user of digital media, for example internet platforms and mobile apps
- Relevant professional experience within a bid-related work environment
- An understanding of formal public procurements
- Experience of working within a web/digital services environment
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment
If you think this is you, we would love to hear from you. We operate a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves on our supportive working environment and we offer a contributory pension scheme, a group life assurance scheme, free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme and a programme of social events. We’re based in vibrant Liverpool City Centre and you will work in a team of friendly, dedicated staff who look forward to welcoming you and working with you to grow our business. We have an impressive client list including DVLA, DEFRA, HM Treasury, Cardiff University many and blue-light organisations and Hewlett Packard.
Connect is an equal opportunity employer and accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
How to apply
To apply for our Bid Assistant vacancy, please complete the form below; or, alternatively, email a cover letter highlighting your experience and a copy of your CV to Beth James at firstname.lastname@example.org.