Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
Closing date: Friday September 6th at 23:59
We are an award-winning web development agency looking for a Technical Sales Consultant to help us expand our prestigious client base, design bespoke solutions and generate new revenues.
As our Technical Sales Consultant you will use your knowledge of web development along with client consulting skills to sell digital development services tailored to each client’s needs. Our services include web design, software development, responsive CMS websites (open source), mobile apps and custom web applications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic analyst who can quickly grasp client requirements and pitch solutions to them, from a high-level technical perspective. You should be confident in conveying how your bespoke solution best meets client needs and get real enjoyment out of helping clients to achieve their aims.
Our clients include public sector bodies, government departments, private sector businesses and charities and you will develop strong partnerships with them, quickly understanding their strategic agendas. You will use your business acumen to assist us in evolving and designing new digital services to better support our clients.
Main aspects of your role:
• Requirements analysis – elicit functional and non-functional requirements from client
• Solution design – liaise with our in-house experts, designers and developers to identify best-fit services and solutions
• Create clear, concise Functional Specifications for clients’ solutions
• Pitching – present your solution to clients’ decision-makers
• Identify innovative or trending technologies and services and explain their value to clients
• Contribute to new service design and suggest improvements
• Maintain timely, proactive and responsive client communications
• Manage client relationships over the long-term, to maintain excellent retention rates
• Calculate and negotiate sale prices/terms to suit both the client and Connect, successfully contributing to Connect’s revenue targets
• Assist in identifying new clients who might benefit from our services
• Contribute to resources and supporting materials to support sales and tendering activity
You should be at ease discussing business requirements for websites, software and databases with clients and be able to translate them into technical requirements for discussion with our team of developers. You don’t need to be able to implement the solutions yourself, but your broad understanding of web development and software solutions will enable you to communicate effectively with both client and our technical team.
Your background should include the following:
• A degree in a digital/web/software development or related subject or significant experience in a related field
• Good knowledge of software development processes, website development and web technologies
• Proven experience working in a digital environment, ideally in a technical or sales-related role
• Experience of working successfully in a client-facing role
• Proven experience of delivering sales, writing proposals and making client presentations in a web/technical environment
Can you bring the following to the role?
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Good presenter with good commercial and business acumen
• Calm under pressure; with the ability to manage client expectations effectively
• Creatively solve problems and think analytically
• A proactive, positive, can-do attitude
• Resilience and flexibility, able to adapt to clients’ needs and emerging sector trends
• Enthusiasm for all things digital and a helpful team member
• An organised and open way of working
The role will include some UK-based travel to visit clients and pitch to potential customers, with the occasional overnight stay.
Connect is a specialist provider of web solutions and hosting. We provide a full in-house end-to-end service, supporting clients from consultancy, project inception, specification and design through to development, delivery, training, hosting and ongoing support. Some of our key customers include DVLA, North West Ambulance Service, HM Treasury, Wrexham County Borough Council, Cardiff University and Hewlett Packard.
If you think this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. This is a really important role for us, and for the right candidate, the salary will be between £28,000 to £32,000 per annum. We operate a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves on our supportive working environment and we offer a contributory pension scheme, a group life assurance scheme, free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme and a programme of social events. We’re based in vibrant Liverpool City Centre and you will work in a team a friendly, dedicated staff who look forward to welcoming you and working with you to grow our business.
To apply for our Technical Sales Consultant vacancy, complete the form below; or, alternatively, email a cover letter highlighting your experience and a copy of your CV to Beth James at firstname.lastname@example.org.